Get the most from your Fragranced Candles
Sunday, 11 November 2012 | TJReiki
Here at TJReiki, we have a great selection of premium quality best scented candles, including:
Yankee Candles, WoodWick Candles, & Trapp Candles
Here are a few tips and tricks to get the most from your candles.
How to use Best Scented Candles
1. Always burn your jar candle until the wax melts across the total surface area. The melted wax needs to be touching the glass jar, all the way around, before extinguishing the flame. By doing this you will ensure that the candle does not tunnel, and burns evenly all the way down the jar - therefore maximising the fragrance burn time. So, if you don’t have much time, then don’t light your candle
2. Add one of the Candle accessories to your jar candle e.g. a Candle Shade. Not only does this greatly enhance how the candle looks, it actually keeps draught away from the flame, ensuring a steady burn. Again, this will maximise the overall burn time of your candle.
3. Before relighting your candle - make sure that you trim the wick down. Ideally, the wick should be no longer than one eighth of an inch. This will not only maximise the burn time, it will also eliminate any sooting. We have easy to use candle Wick Trimmers for this available in our store, specially designed to make it easy to reach deep down into the jar
4. There will always be a small amount of wax at the bottom of the jar that simply will not burn, as the wick will be totally burnt out. DO NOT waste this beautifully fragranced wax! Carefully break it up, and remove from the jar. Then you can simply place the wax pieces into one of the Tart Warmers, or an oil burner. Place a lighted T light underneath, and when the wax begins to melt, you will soon smell the same wonderful candle fragrance for a further 8-10 hours.
5. Try and have your candles burning in a draught free place - this will help to achieve an even burning and maximise the overall burn time.
We hope that you have found this article useful. We would welcome your comments, and any other burning tips that you may have, to share with your fellow lovers of best scented candles.